Thursday, January 22, 2009

Outfit let down.

The first time I get to go to a client's meeting by myself... I was quite nervous and excited at the same time.

My ex-boss always insisted that we wear formals to work... I always do that... Like for everyone else in the advertising industry we're allowed to be in our casuals every Friday.

Well... Yesterday, I was too lazy to iron my clothes and slipped on my t-shirt and jeans. I was sitting pretty in the office doing my work and sipping my coffee...

At exactly 11.15 am, my phone rang and it was my client asking me to be present for a meeting with one of the publishers.

Alarmed! I didn't even have time to react... I took a chance and went there for the meeting... Everyone was in their formals... I was the odd one out... I was so embarrassed I couldn't utter a single word...

I decided that from today onwards I'll not wear casuals on weekdays... What a let down?

3 comments:

Paromita Chakraborty said...

Heh! I absolutely understand how mortified you must have been! Thank God, for us, it's not so complicated... we can come to office, if we want, in hot pants and tube tops! :-) hee hee! Jealous?

BANIAIKYNMAW said...

Lucky you... Actually... No! I'm not J... I'm pretty alright now... It's just that I was too lazy to iron my clothes ;)

DigiMaverick said...

Well dont think so that its embarassing.. Coz dats the case with me always, N it just matters wats inside u .. the Skill .. Just present that ... Wats outside is just a showcase for 1st impression... I never rely on the 1st impression. Just be comfy in wat u are. Yess some occasions do require being professionally dressed & u get time for that... so chillax:P