Friday, February 20, 2009

What's in the Name?


For a long time I wondered why do I have the most unique name. I never even once tried reasoning why my name is Baniaikynmaw?

For the past few days I've been thinking of various names for my new born niece but was unable to think of any unique Khasi name. This let me into thinking about my own name instead.

How did my mom decide to give me such a unique name? I couldn't think of any valid reason why this one particular name since my grand mom had given me a Christian name and a very common one at that...

Today the 20 of February 09, after almost 25 years I came to know why I'm Baniaikynmaw.

I felt so special when my mom told me the reason why I was given this name. The name was chosen so that my grand mom will always remember my dad by seeing ME!

2 comments:

DigiMaverick said...

So now u know how it feels to be at peace with all :) .. Nice & intresting.

amon said...

Hope i am not be a well known to u but since i've got to visit ur blogspot,i had i huge desireness of posting my humble comment on ur side,hope u won't get any disturbance deu to ma comments.
Ok..Now let me say, why i like to give comment..b'coz the condition of what u r having is totally similar to mine,i too have a very unique name i.e Monday khaimiechho,and planning to change for many time inspite of giving my name by dear Father.But after getting to ur side n read out about ur name,i have a great feeling of shamefulness on my name..